Shane Williams created the Equine Acupuncture business in July 2007 which is solely run by himself. As an animal acupuncturist and equine myofunctional therapist Shane specialise his skills and knowledge in the musculoskelatal area of performance and pleasure horses. The business has a strong focus on working together with trainers, farriers and veterinarians to get an understanding of the cause of musculoskelatal issues and to formulate exercise plans and treatments which better suit the horse and produce enhanced results.
- Certificate in equine myofunctional therapy at the National College of Traditional Medicine in Melbourne.
- Three year certificate and diploma in Animal Acupuncture at the Animal Acupuncture Academy run by Dr David Gilchrist.
- Worked and competed with horses for the past 15 years, in areas such as eventing, show jumping and thoroughbred racing.
- Gained industry experience by working for some of the leading racing stables such as Lee Freedman, Peter Moody, Anthony Cummings and Tony Noonan.
- Since 2007 Shane has completed over 4000 treatments on horses ranging from thoroughbreds, harness, eventing, polo and pleasure horses.
- A confident horseman Shane can incorporate the use of acupuncture on horses in a safe and effective manner.
Clayton and I are huge believers in Shane’s work. His knowledge of the horse is exceptional and his professionalism and attention to detail is first class. I would recommend Shane to anyone wanting to help and assist their horses in reaching their full potential.Harness Racing Stables